Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Best Bud

Came to see me not longer after my ex left. Dan is actually my ex's best friend. He was wearing a nice shirt which I promptly cried and snotted on for the next 3 hours until he left. I was crying hysterically when he came and crying more hysterically when he left. My shoulders were shaking, my face, eyes, and nose so red, I could be Rudolph. In any case, Dan and I always had this unspoken connection. It was never sexual but when we glanced at each other, we just got each other. We could never pursue our budding friendship because my ex would have never tolerated it even though Dan was always in a relationship.

In any case, Dan and I spent the next 3 hours leaning on his shoulder, crying, and having my hair stroked and kissed by a cute cuddly man. In retrospect, if I had had the presence of mind, and thankfully I didn't, I might have taken advantage of this situation. Isn't the best revenge to get together with the ex's best friend? Of course, that would have been awful because Dan was dating the ex's cousin, who's practically like a sister to him.

I tried to describe what happened between the sobs that choked out of my body but no words could come out except to describe the facts, my ex's behavior, the crazy message that was left on my voicemail by the parents (I could have b*itch slapped them so hard, let me tell you) and how ironic it was that the end of one relationship meant the forging of another (ours). It was a little creepy because while he was attempting to console me he revealed to me the naughty things he does when he goes out of town with his closest friends and that his uptight, control freak (my words, not his in so many) of a fiance would completely disapprove of so I dare not say anything. He also revealed that it was the most difficult relationship he'd ever been in but he does it because "he loves her." Whatever. This is how our bonding began.

Funny thing, I always though Dan and his fiance had the perfect relationship. They don't. His revealing his indiscretions made me develop this mad little crush on him. Who wouldn't have a crush on the man who pays you the first kindness since your ex left. My friends think I should pursue him but I'm not a home wrecker but then all is fair in love and war, as one friend said. The relationship is not a done deal until the I dos have been shared, and even then, that's questionable these days.

2 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

ok now I am here catchign up on yoru posts,, THIS ONE IS GREAT! oh no,, I mean you needed soem one to lean on he was jsut there..... GO FOR IT,, although you know what they say,,, once a cheater alwaysss,, what ever sorry bout the need for tears.

lattégirl said...

I wouldn't presume to give you advice either way, but it is definitely nice that you have this "cute cuddly man" in your life -- when a little male attention, even platonic, must feel good!