Saturday, July 21, 2007

Crank Calls

I made crank calls earlier this week. It's childish, yes! Have I reverted to the 4th grade? Yes! I'm not ashamed. I finally had the type of sleep, albeit for 3 hours, that I has belied me for the past few weeks. I received our cell phone bill, and decided to review his phone calls before and after he left. Who do these numbers belong to? Another woman? Earlier in the day, before he left, he called his cousin. Did she know before me?

These days since, we are no longer forced to remember calls, I have no idea whose number belongs to who. I'm talking to one my best friends and what does he suggest, the adult version of the crank call! Unfortunately, hearing the words, "Hello/Hi/Hey," will not be enough to figure out who the person is.

The plan: 3 way calling. Friend calls me. Friend calls number. Me -- silence. If someone picks up, he says, "I saw on my caller id that I just got a call from [states individual's number] but makes one of the numbers off by one. This would hopefully allow for enough conversation for me to know who everyone is.

I select the top 5 numbers called/received.
1. Ex's mom
2. Dan (from My Best Bud post)
3. Ex's other best friend
4. Ex's sister
5. Ex's other best friend's wife

There were fleeting moments of feeling a natural high from calling these people and there were laughs to be had. Certainly, it was the first time I laughed at myself or anything in a while. But after it was all said and done, I woke up crying 3 hours after falling asleep.

5 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

ok MY DEAR jsut cal those numbers on the bill if you really want to know,,, OR just cut your losses and get on sweetie really it sounds liek to me he is NOT worth it.

Blindsighted One said...

Thanks for the support. I know I should cut my losses. I want to. I feel that I need to go let myself feel and do whatever I want to get myself through this, and making these calls was one of them.

JUST A MOM said...

Hey at some point it will have been worth it. go for it....

Tee/Tracy said...

I can't remember phone numbers to save my life anymore. LOL.

I would have done the same thing to find out who was on the other line, (mature or not!)

Blindsighted One said...

Tee -- you're sweet. Thanks for the encouragement. When a person drops out of your life and you have no idea why, you seek answers in crazy ways. Or at least that's what I've been doing!